This is a hit every time we fix it – and it makes so much you can live off the leftovers for a week! And it’s easy enough that even someone who burns toast can make it (like myself).
All you need:
- Chicken tenders (or chicken breasts)
- 1 can – black beans
- 1 can – corn
- 1 can – tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 – green pepper
- 1 – yellow pepper
- 1 pkg – taco seasoning
- 1 bag – brown rice (4 servings)
- 2 Tbsp – olive oil
- Begin cooking rice to package directions
- Cube chicken, put in skillet with olive oil and 3 Tbsp taco seasoning. Cook 3-4 minutes per side. Remove and put on paper plate.
- Cube green and yellow pepper and add to skillet. Let cook in juices till tender.
- Add canned products to skillet. Poor in rice (once rice is cooked). Let simmer 5 minutes
And there you have it! We serve this dish with tortillas and cheese, but you can just eat it plain if you’d like. Either way is de-lish!